The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has extended its warning strike for another 8 weeks.
According to Vanguard, It was Reported that the decision to extend the strike was taken at the union’s National Executive Council, NEC meeting held in Abuja last night. Further repot stated that the has not made any public statement regarding the outcome of the meeting.
Trendinggist9ja Gathered that One of the senior NEC member of the union told BBC Pidgin that the strike was extended because the Government have not come up with anything tangible based on the lecturers demands since 14 February.
READ ALSO: NDLEA: Popular church GO Arrested With Cannabis at Lagos Airport.
Here are some of the reasons as reported by BBC Pidgin
In the Statement released by the ASUU the National Executive council resolve that;
- Failure of federal government to implement the Memorandum of action they sign with ASUU in2020.
- Refusal of government to approve the use of University Transparency and Accountability solution (UTAS) payment.
- They are disappointed at the way the FG is currently handling the ASUU strike matter.
- Earned allowances.
- State Universities.
- Promotion arrears. Withheld salaries and non-remittance of third party dedications.
- Appreciate the efforts of people who have intervene for in matter but ASUU don’t have other means to make sure FG honors there agreements.
ASUU said the roll-over strike will continue for the period of eight weeks until federal government meet there demands. As reported by BBC Pidgin
1 thought on “BREAKING: ASUU Extend Strike by Eight Weeks, See Reasons.”
Comments are closed.