The students of Lagos state polytechnic (LASPOTECH) have written a petition against the school management to show their grievance in the just concluded Student union election which took place on 18th of November, 2022
According to report gathered by Trendinggist9jablog, it was said that the electoral process was sabotaged.
Some of the complains were
- The imposition of the school management on the students
- A candidate which was earlier screened out based on academic standards was reinstated among others
- Less than 50% of students were allowed to vote which is against the constitution of the union.
- Adjustment of election agreed closing time from 3pm to 4pm, from 4pm to 5pm, from 5pm to 6pm, until it was finally closed by 7pm to favour some candidate
- Giving other students codes to vote after closing of portal for voting and many more
See copy of petition
Recall that Lagos state polytechnic was recently converted to Lagos state university of science and technology however the students have begin the signing of an online petition to call on the Governor of Lagos state H.E Babajide Sanwo-olu and the school newly appointed VC professor Olumuyiwa O.
click image below to see online petition
In the petition the students are calling for fairness and equity as they demand that the election should be declared inconclusive and a re-run of the election should be done.
Thanks for reading, this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Facebook and Twitter. There are buttons below for this (easy to use), you can also copy link and paste on your social media page.